Dream Local Digital's Leadership
Shannon Kinney, Founder and Client Success Officer
Dream Local Digital is made up of a team of more than 20 experienced online marketers throughout the U.S., headquartered in Maine and led by Shannon Kinney.
Shannon Kinney is Founder and Client Success Officer at Dream Local Digital, a Maine-based digital and social media agency that works with small and medium-sized businesses to create online marketing strategies. Shannon works with companies to achieve short and long term goals relating to business strategy, web development and marketing, media and classifieds initiatives, segment growth, and brand development initiatives. Shannon’s product management, project management, and sales/marketing consulting skills contribute to Dream Local Digital’s growing success as a social media marketing company.
I have sought out Shannon’s advice and councel often for myself and our clients. Her experience and wealth of knowledge (especially concerning Social Networking) has proven invaluable!” – Mike Blinder
Shannon brings with her more than seven years of consulting experience in her own practice and with AIMGroup, working with media companies globally, large and small, with web strategies and revenue generation, as well as business planning and strategy development, sales, partnerships, research, analysis, and more. Her areas of specialty include social media, local advertising, real estate, auto, recruitment, and classifieds.
Before starting Dream Local Digital, Shannon was a senior consultant, project director and social media leader at the AIM Group. She has more than 20 years of experience in key roles at major media companies, including several of the leading dot-coms in the classified advertising industry such as Cars.com, CareerBuilder.com, launching more than sixty local media sites in the U.S. with Knight Ridder Digital and more than 157 markets with Classified Ventures.
With her extensive background in social media and media industry consulting, Shannon maintains a high level of knowledge and expertise in managing companies’ online marketing channels and reaching target audiences via the Web. Through Dream Local Digital, Shannon has helped thousands of small businesses throughout the United States with workshops, seminars, webinars, and online strategy management. As an internationally known industry consultant, Shannon offers the knowledge and skills necessary to optimize marketing strategies.
Shannon is one of the most passionate and knowledgeable local media professionals I have ever had the pleasure to work with. She combines years of experience at the corporate and local levels with a great understanding of client needs and a truly sincere drive to see her partners succeed. I would highly recommend Shannon to any local business seeking help with their online marketing plans.” – Todd Babick Director, Special Projects at Business in Vancouver Media Group
Shannon Kinney Past Speaking Engagements
Shannon travels all around the U.S. and some locations in Canada speaking at hundreds of conferences for business groups and has served nearly 5,000 small businesses with online marketing seminars. Here is a list of just SOME of her many speaking engagements from local area businesses and groups to national newspaper publishers and trade associations. To see where Shannon is heading in the future, clickand keep an eye on the for the latest updated information.
Local Area Businesses and Groups:
Bethel Chamber of Commerce
- "Advanced Social Media Strategies and Tactics Seminar"
- "Making Social Media Work for Your Business"
Boothbay Chamber of Commerce
Camrock Network Group
Dream Local Digital - “Top 10 Ways to Market Your Business Online”
- Bar Harbor
Maine Office of TourismMidcoast Development Council
Maine Women’s Network
Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce (Camden, Rockland)
- The Latest Trends in Online Media
- Hospitality and Tourism Focused Seminar Series
Rock Coast Networkers
Social Media Breakfast
- Central Maine
Union Chamber of Commerce
The University of Maine
- How to Grow Your Business with Online Marketing
Newspaper and Publishing Organizations:
- American Press Institute, Virginia
- Bangor Daily News
- Community Papers of New England
- Canadian Newspaper Association “Ink and Beyond”, Toronto
- Cox Media Group
- Dallas Morning News
- Glacier Media Group
- The Inland Press Foundation, Inc.
- Media News Group
- Mid-Atlantic Community Papers Association (MACPA) Fall Conference “How’s the Health of Your Business?”
- Midwest Free Community Papers (MFCP) Spring Conference and Trade Show, Des Moines, IA. “Combining our Strengths”
- Morris Communication
- New England New Media Association (NENMA)
- Newspapers Atlantic “Celebrating 40 years of Vibrant Local Media”
- Newspaper Association of America, Recruitment Forum
- New York Press Association (NYPA) Spring Convention, Fall Convention
- Northeast Classified Advertising Managers Association (NCAMA)
- Newspaper Association Managers (NAM) – Classified and 2x2 Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- Savannah Morning News
- Suburban Newspapers of America and Southern Newspaper Publishers Association’s “Strategic Revenue Summit”, Orlando, FL. –“A Road Map to Tomorrow’s Revenue Streams”
- Suburban Newspapers of America (SNA) Classified Managers’ Conference, Tampa, FL.-“Classified Advertising – Experience the Transformation”
- Topeka Capital Journal
- Village Soup
- Western Classified Advertising Association (WCAA)
- Wisconsin Community Papers, Green Lake, WI. “Navigating the Internet and New Technology”
National Businesses and Groups:
- Kelly Blue Book
- NCI/ The Real Estate Book
- Local Media Association
- Maine Press Association
- Newspapers Atlantic
Upcoming Events and Seminars:
- America East
- Colorado Press Association
- Maine Entrepreneurs
Shannon is one of the most driven and intense social media and interactive media experts I know. She’s been working with the AIM Group since 2003, and has been a great asset to us and (more important) to our clients. At the same time, she’s now running Dream Local Digital, which is helping local businesses manage their advertising and social media profiles. Shannon has given me and the AIM Group great advice and counsel, and has been a wonderful friend and colleague. As she grows Dream Local Digital, she’ll be an asset and friend to each of her clients, team members and businesses relying on Dream Local to help them grow their business.” – Peter Zollman, Founder, AIM Group / Classified Intelligence (media consultancy)