The media, tech, & culture stories people are talking about today, curated by Jeff Howland.
1. Why do we expect so much from Nate Silver? (Benjamin Wallace-Wells, New York Magazine
2. Is there anything more public than Twitter? (Jillian C. York, Global Voices
3. Samsung tells the story behind the selfie that ate Hollywood (and Twitter) (Andrew McMains, Adweek)
4. The Washington Post offers free digital access to readers of local newspapers (Joseph Lichterman, Nieman Journalism Lab)
5. The Story Button In Your Brain: Neuroscience study sheds light on brand/human love (Rae Ann Fera, Fast Company)