Welcome to Geekbook — Capturing the daily buzz in social media and online marketing & design, as well as trends, news, and cultural topics that are helping shape and inform today’s readers. Send comments or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscribe here to receive Geekbook via e-mail.
Today — Ray LaHood to step down, more Super Bowl ads released early, Foursquare for Business app released, a punctuation lesson, and more Pinterest news.
- Newsfeed: Dominating the newsfeed earlier today was the announcement that Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood is stepping down from his position with the Obama administration. – Los Angeles Times
- Super Bowl Ads: More Super Bowl ads released early! See the latest from Taco Bell, Toyota, and Hyundai. – AdAge
- App News: If you use Foursquare for your business, this new app will make it easier to manage your profile and promotions on the move. – Mashable
- Toolbox: I recently learned that there should only be one space after a period. For those of us old enough to have used a typewriter, you may remember the days when we were supposed to use two spaces. What happened? Find out here – Ragan.com
- Pinterest Update: Pinterest will begin testing a redesign with a “very small” group of beta testers “over the coming weeks,” the company said today. The redesign will provide clearer navigation and more opportunities to discover new content. – SocialTimes
“My turn shall also come. I sense the spreading of a wing.” – Osip Mandelstam
Tips, additions, or comments? E-mail me.