Meet Shannon Kinney
Founder & Client Success Officer, AKA “#HeadHoneyBadger”
Shannon Kinney is a seasoned startup Founder and Executive with over 25 years of experience. She is considered a thought leader in the online space, and is a highly sought after keynote speaker, advisor and consultant. With deep experience in sales, marketing, online product development and leadership, this is her third nationally-scaled digital marketing solution company. She founded Dream Local Digital in 2009 “to bring the power of online marketing to small and medium sized businesses”, and also to master the craft of how to make SMBs successful on social media. She has a wide and highly engaged network of leaders in media, technology, and startups worldwide, and has developed Dream Local Digital to be a widely recognized brand as best of breed in social media fulfillment.
- Founder, Dream Local Digital, working with thousands of small – medium businesses, media companies and ad agencies on online marketing strategies
- Seasoned startup exec with large scale launches such as cars.com, Knight Ridder Digital / Real Cities, Careerbuilder.com, Apartments.com prior to Dream Local Digital
- Experienced Keynote speaker and well-known industry analyst for media, social media and search, and small business marketing
- Named MaineBiz Woman to Watch 2013, Local Digital Innovator of the Year by Local Media Association in 2015, Maine Women’s Network Business Leadership award, Small Business of the Year & Innovative Company of the year by Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce, a 2016 Maine Icon and several other honors and awards.
- 25 years consulting experience working with media companies large and small globally with their Web strategies and revenue generation, business plan and strategy development, sales, partnerships, research, analysis, and more. Areas of specialty include social media, local advertising, real estate, auto, recruitment, and classifieds
- 25 Web Product Management and Project Management processes and discipline, lead over 50 software product lifecycles
- Extensive sales experience in print and online media, consulting
“Shannon Kinney is by far one of the most connected, experienced and insightful digital media executives I know. I’ve had the pleasure of working with her in various situations and assignments over the last 6 years or so, and I’m continually impressed with her knowledge, vision, understanding, drive and ability to quickly synthesize and operationalize opportunities.”
– Todd Handy, Vice President and Publisher Development of Tout
“Dynamic, forward-thinking and passionate. Those are the first three words that come to mind when I hear ‘Shannon Kinney’. Her enthusiasm for digital marketing/social media come from an earnest desire to drive success and ROI for her partners and clients. Her energy is contagious and is sure to ignite excitement within any group or organization she is surrounded by!”
– Vice President of Business Development AffinityX
Podcasts Shannon Kinney Has Appeared On
The Upstart Maine Podcast, Through The Valley Part 3
Shannon was featured on a podcast focused on “valleys” startups endure. “While her experience allowed her to avoid some of the typical ‘valleys’ of a startup, she nevertheless encountered unanticipated valleys that tested her skills and resolve as she built her successful, Maine-based company Dream Local Digital. Her stories and lessons learned will help any entrepreneur through their own ‘valleys of death.’”
Shannon Kinney on How to Lead a Happy Team, Women Taking The Lead
Women Taking The Lead with Jodi Flynn is a podcast (and business) focused on coaching and helping women achieve their biggest goals in business and life. Shannon shares her story about overcoming obstacles while starting and running Dream Local Digital.
How to Learn From High-Quality Failures w/ Shannon Kinney, Hack The Entrepreneur
Hack the Entrepreneur is a podcast that “reveals the fears, habits, and inner battles behind big-name entrepreneurs and those on their way to joining them.”
In this 28-minute episode, host Jon Nastor discusses with Shannon:
- How being open to meeting a lot of people helped grow her business
- Always staying in touch with people in her network
- Why you can’t work in your business and on your business
- Dreaming big and creating a scalable solution
- Having a team that’s strong, where she’s not
Shannon Kinney of Dream Local at Envision Maine, The Grow Maine Show
This podcast is hosted by Independent State Representative Martin “Marty” Grohman as he interviews his heroes and Maine entrepreneurs.
This episode is a continuation of the Envision Maine Series that puts remarkable Maine entrepreneurs up on the dais to answer three questions from Alan Caron (heard at the beginning of the show):
- What is the engine of Maine’s next economy?
- How do we grow without wrecking the place?
- What are we gonna do about it?
“Thank you for presenting a great seminar!! I haven’t really been jazzed by a marketing presentation in a long time (maybe ever!). It was inspiring to listen to someone who is so knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their work.”
-Susan Morrison, The Wellness Center
Our Leadership Team
Interested in more information or scheduling a call?
Contact Shannon Kinney, Founder & Client Success Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 593-7665
Contact Rob Kelley, Lead Investor & Board Chair: email@example.com