The media, tech, & culture stories people are talking about today, curated by Jeff Howland.
1. Maine Businesses Doing Social Media Right (Pat Lemieux, Dream Local Digital)
2. Why We Hate Google Glass – And All New Tech (Ron Miller, TechCrunch)
3. Time to ditch uniques and page views for engagement in measuring digital audiences (Rick Edmonds, Poynter)
4. Police Turn to Social Media to Fight Crime, Dispel Rumors (Kurt Wagner, Mashable)
5. How Twitter confirmed the explosion in Harlem first (Ted Bailey, GigaOm)