Geekbook highlights the daily buzz in social media and online marketing, as well as trends and cultural topics that are helping shape and inform today’s readers. Get our full feed @dreamlocal.
- Apple Envy: If you were satisfied with your iPad and trying not to buy yet another screen from Apple, don’t read this. Unfortunately I did, and now I want one! Nick Bilton at The New York Times tells us why the iPad Mini is his Desert Island device
- Social Media International: Andy Carvin (@acarvin) of NPR won a Shorty Award this year for Best Journalist on Social Media. He continues to provide a curated real-time feed of the events unfolding in Egypt.
- Creative: LinkedIn released their list of ‘Top 10 Overused Professional Buzzwords’ for 2012. Check it out here and see how many you’re using.
- Abandoned: Instagram images stopped showing up properly on Twitter and soon may not work at all. Cult of Mac’s (@cultofmac) Buster Heine talks about why this is happening and what Instagram’s Chief has to say about it.
- Dramatic: Ezra Klein pulls a couple of the graphs out of the Business Insider’s presentation on the future of digital media.
Musical Interlude: Jazz pianist Dave Brubeck died today at age 91 | Chicago Tribune
@therichbrooks – Ah, Dave Brubeck, I already miss you. youtu.be/DBlgHiZRkic
- Feel Good Web: Middle School Wrestler lets boy with cerebral palsy win match (Video) | Huffington Post
- Quotable: “[The pope] won’t follow anyone for now. He will be followed.” – Greg Burke, a Vatican communications adviser, commenting on the pope recently joining Twitter | New York Times