How to Promote Your Brand Online
The Internet is one of the primary channels through which your business can build brand awareness, encourage relationships with your existing customers, and bring in new ones. There are dozens of ways you can go about boosting your brand awareness online, and the methods that are right for you depend on your goals and your target audience. Here are some common ways businesses can promote their brands across cyberspace.
Email marketing is an effective tool for spreading the word about your products and services. To do it correctly, make sure you
- Do not purchase huge lists of email addresses. Collect addresses organically by asking for permission to send out promotional information and newsletters. This way, your emails are less likely to end up in recipients’ junk folders.
- Tailor your emails to your audience. Do your customers like long-form content? Do they respond better to images? If they live in a specific geographic area, what recent news events from their community could you use to get their attention?
- Use metrics such as open rates, click-through rates and unsubscribe rates to keep an eye on the progress of your campaign.
To truly benefit from social media, you have to find out where your audience hangs out. Facebook remains the most popular social network, but you may find that your customers are more likely to use Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn. You may have to try out several networks before you settle on a couple that serve you best.
Also keep in mind that the only reliable way to build an engaged audience for your brand on these networks is to invest some of your advertising budget. Because you’ll be paying for visibility, you’ll want to make the most of your posts. Pay attention to how you craft them and be sure to engage with your customers. Ask for input, answer questions, address concerns and show that you genuinely care about building relationships.
Sometimes it seems like hashtags are more of a joke than a brand awareness tool, but they can help you boost your business. Here are some tips for using hashtags effectively:
- Create your own branded hashtags
- Run hashtag promotions
- Host a Twitter chat using a relevant hashtag
- Leverage trending hashtags by joining hot conversations
- Make your hashtags simple and easy to remember
Search engine optimization (SEO) will help you boost your website’s ranking on sites like Google and Bing, making SEO one of the best ways to build brand awareness. There are hundreds of suggestions you could use to improve SEO, but many of them boil down to content. Create content that:
- Shares something your audience will care about
- Makes natural use of relevant keywords
- Reflects your business’s personality
- Uses different forms of media, such as videos, images and even music
- Uses a variety of headlines, lengths and forms so you can adapt it to different sharing platforms
The Internet can be your best friend when it comes to building brand awareness, or it can be a daunting obstacle. Use these tips to help you manage and grow your business’s online presence.
Want to learn more about how we can help your business? Get started now!